Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 56: Saturday, June 20, 2009

1:


On Saturday I went to New Harmony, IN with a friend.  It's this small town with a pretty interesting history.  Look it up.  The ensuing photographs are what follows.

2:  Bridge over the Wabash River.


3: View from the visitor's center.


4: Another view from the visitor's center.


5: Main Street


6: You may think it odd that I included a pictures of some daisies and a fire hydrant, but I just liked the look of it.


7:  I've been trying to get a good picture of the "movement" look, where the object is pretty much in focus, but the surroundings are blurred, making it look like the object is in motion.  Still haven't mastered it...


8: Somehow I always manage to take pictures of flowers.


9:


10: There's something about this picture that I like.  Maybe that it's a tad creepy.


11:  In an effort to overcome my aversion to spiders I've been taking pictures of every one I see.  The idea is that maybe then I'll start to see them as being more beautiful and also that forcing myself to work with them will just get me used to them.


12:


1 comment:

  1. Especially liked 6,8 & 12. 12 has a cool shadowy yet colorful look and the composition is just right. The color in 8 is beautiful and the wispy blue flowers add to it. 6 is a very cool subject and combination. I think your overall compositions are getting better.

    ReplyDelete