Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Favorites of Teaching : KC8

Honestly, this class just isn't my favorite one.  Don't get me wrong, the kids are fine.  It just doesn't have as much energy as a lot of my other ones because the CT has more of a military style.  I'm not knocking the CT, because it does have a very disciplined effect, but I will say it does cause me to have less "favorite" moments.  In fact, one of my favorite parts of this class actually happens after class.  Somehow, a few of the girls in this class have established a routine where they follow me down to my desk and "help" me grade homework while they wait to be picked up.  It makes my homework grading go a lot slower, but it's great anyway.  In essence, as I grade, they guess how many points should be taken off for each question based on how much I've crossed out, etc.  Then, they total it all up for me and tell me the final grade.  They've really gotten impressively good at it, especially Sheila.  At the very least, it's a nice bonding activity and at the most it helps both their math and language skills.  I've actually seen Sheila improve a lot in class since we began doing this, wether it's related or not.

So far, my "fav's" having been that great, but there will be some really good ones in the later classes.  At least in my opinion.  Jump will definitely have a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment