Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 1: Tuesday, April 21, 2009



Some of you (Gen) may have heard of the 365 days project. For those of you who have not, it is where a person endeavors to take at least one photo per day for 365 days and then chooses the best photo of each day to put on a blog. Actually, I don't know whether the "put it on a blog" part is really part of the purist definition of it because I'm getting this all second hand, but it will be part of my 365 days project, which is really what matters. The purpose that shall supposedly motivate me to do this for all 365 days is A.) autobiographical - I want those who come after me to think I am neat B.) educational - hopefully this will help me to improve on my photography and C.) I couldn't come up with a good adjective for "C," so I'll just tell you that the third purpose is for me to improve on my writing and help me to write more since I'll try to write a bit for each blog entry as well. Enough on that, let's talk about this picture!

So, on this same day (which is actually yesterday) I received my new, much anticipated, camera! A Canon XSi with a Sigma 18 - 200mm, 3.5 - 5.6 f OS HSM lens. In layman's terms, I got a new camera and it's BIG. Maybe one day my camera will take a self portrait and allow you all to see it. I didn't get the camera until about 6:30pm, so I rushed home, snapped as many shots as I could before the sun went down (all of which turned out bad because I am still having a hard time finding all the settings and figuring out how to change them), snapped a few more inside before my battery ran out, then snapped a few more after my battery charged for two hours. This picture was taken in that last session, when I didn't feel like getting out of bed, but wanted to take photos. The subject is the stuffed animal that I (still) sleep with (quite often), whose name is Bagge (pronounced like "Doggy" but with a "B" and spelled "Bagge" because it also happened to be the name of my 4th grade Math teacher. I hadn't really considered how to spell it until then and couldn't think of spelling any other way after). I think he looks quite distinguished here, with my glasses on. I have a lot of respect for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment