Search This Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

Day 30: Thursday, May 21, 2009


I spent most of this day driving with some other people, to Nauvoo, Il.  For those of you who are not familiar with LDS church history, that is where the early church members lived before being forced out and crossing half the country to Salt Lake City.  It's also very near the town of Carthage, Il, where Joseph Smith was martyred.  We all went there because the local YSA's (young single adults) were taking a weekend trip/retreat type thing there.  I had already been planning on going, even before hearing about that activity though, because my friend Shealee was going to (and did) get married there on Saturday and wanted me to photograph the wedding for her.  Anyway, so here is a series of pictures I took on the way up.  The first two were taken when we stopped to switch drivers and the second two were taken from the moving car.  I was quite proud of catching the St. Louis city sign, Welcome to Missouri sign and the arch in the same photo.  Notice how the sky in these photos is quite nice.  That would be my polarizing filter at work.  Well worth the $30 - $40 I spent on it!




No comments:

Post a Comment