Search This Blog

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 39: Saturday, May 30, 2009

1: Pileated Woodpecker - largest woodpecker in North America and the inspiration for "Woody the Woodpecker."


Well, I'm not terribly impressed with any of my images today, mostly because they aren't as sharp as I would like them to be.  I realize that I took these in somewhat low lighting conditions, so part of the problem may be camera shake, but the first one is pretty sharp and was taken at the same time and in the same place, so I'm thinking that's not all of it.  I feel much of the time like my lens has a hard time focusing sharply except in the most ideal of circumstances.  In the future, when I replace this lens I'm going to make sure I take care to get one that does better with that.  Anyway, these were all taken from the bird watching room at Wesselman Nature Center.

2: Male Red Bellied Woodpecker


3: White Breasted Nuthatch


4: Another White Breasted Nuthatch


Another male Red Bellied Woodpecker.


No comments:

Post a Comment